Sunday, July 19, 2009

An update on us

It's been a busy summer for us. With getting ready for the baby, going swimming, to the park lots, working and all the that kinda stuff people do. So I didn't even realize how long it's been since I last put a post on here. So I'm posting just a few higlights of our summer so far. I put in a couple posts so scroll down (if you want) and check out Carter's b-day pic too. I'll still put in 4th of July. Just another day I've about all I can handle of posting right now =)

A big thing that has happened this summer is my parents left on there mission. They went to the Ukraine!! This is a pic of my fam at their farewell. We are getting big I know. This was awhile ago and my parents have been out for about a month. They are doing great! And starting to adapting to the Ukraine. We got a pic of Carter standing nicely but this is funnier. He likes to stand like that and say cheese. You can tell my Dad is laughing at him.

With my parents leaving we hung out with the fam a lot before they left. The night before they left we had a dinner at Sarah's. This is my parents saying good-bye to Carter that night. He didn't come to the MTC with us so this was his time to say good-bye. Of course I was crying while he was hugging them. Carter didn't really get that this was going to be the last time he saw them for a year and a half. So he just quickly hugged them, said I love you and got back to playin with cousins. But it was a sweet moment for me.

This is us at the MTC. It was so weird and cool for me to see my parents with name tags on. They are so cute!!
Since my Mom and Dad have been gone we've been able to talk to them on web cams and on the phone so that's been nice. And Carter keeps saying stuff about how Grandma and Grandpa are on a mission. And how they've been gone a long time. It's cute. So I'm grateful for the example my parents are setting for our whole family.
Of course we've gone to the zoo!
I know every year the pictures are about the same. But Carter looks different each year. So we keep taking them.
So I'm realizing I don't take pictures as much as I should cuz that's all I really have. Oh well

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so exciting your parents went on a mission! How fun! I bet it was a little hard to leave everyone (especially the grandkids). It would be weird for me if my parents left (oh wait i don't see them much up here anyway) You have a cute little family Deb! Number 2 coming soon.....FUN!!!!!!!

matt and sarah said...

Cute pictures! I just love Carter. He is such a ham!

Amberly said...

What a little cutie he is!! I bet you miss your parents a lot, but it's so awesome what they are doing!!

Barbara said...

Great pics, Deb! Makes me miss my sis even more!!!

Dellany Higby said...

Aw, you nearly got me all teary with those pics of your mom and pops leaving! Hope the baby is doing well, you guys make some seriously cute ones so can't wait to see the new addition! Love the pose Carter has going, cheeese! LOL

Becca said...

Good pictures deb. Carter is just so darn handsome!

Becca said...

PS It's about time you update!!

Deanna said...

You have such a cute family! What fun pictures.